Thursday, August 14, 2014

Goodbye Robin Williams

I have to say, Robin Williams' death knocked the wind out of me. I suppose it wasn't a complete shock if you really think about it- he had depression, he was a drug addict. But that said, it seemed that Robin was able to overcome his demons and turn it to art with his comedy skills and talent. All my life- up until August 11, 2014- Robin Williams was there. He was working on Mork & Mindy by the time I was born, growing up to watch syndicated reruns and his movie career. He filled up so many stages of my life as a child, teen, adult with cartoons, comedy and drama. I remember watching Aladdin in theaters and elementary school, Dead Poet's Society in high school, Patch Adams one summer during a getaway trip and guest starring on one of my favorite TV dramas. Robin was a genius, quick and great comedic timing, he was comforting in a trusting way. It's not going to be the same without him- no awards show, talk show, movies or anything. It will feel empty like someone is missing- that'll be Robin. My heart, thoughts and condolences are with his family, I always admired the way he expressed love to his 3 kids. Na nu na nu, safe travels to Ork... I like to think that Robin is joking with Christopher Reeve and his idol Jonathan Winters. Thank you Robin, you'll be forever missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment