Friday, September 20, 2013

John & Julian Lennon

"John used to play with Julian on his skateboard. When skateboards first came out in the 60s, they were quite small. Basically, it was just a board with roller skates. They used to play outside on the slope leading up to the house."

"Once while Cynthia was away with Mrs. Powell, I was staying in the house with Julian. I had put Julian to bed, but he was having an earache and was very upset. I put him to bed, but he was in so much pain, I sat up with him that night. When John came in quite late, he came along to Julian's room to see what was wrong. The light was on and I explained about the earache. John said, 'You got to bed, Dot, I'll stay up with him'. He was always concerned, like a good father. He was a good man." 
-Dorothy Jarlett
"Little two-year-old Julian came to the door to greet the new visitors. Uncle George scooped the toddler up in his arms to say hello. As I aimed my camera to capture the moment, John began smoothing down Julian's hair. I loved seeing John, the long-haired idol of millions, fussing over his son,s hair like any other doting parent. This was a side of him I had not yet seen."
-Photographer Henry Grossman
"Lennon seemed to have a very traditional love for Cynthia and would call nightly to check in and talk, in baby talk, to his son Julian. It was exciting to watch. Here was a Beatle, the idol of millions, savoring a few minutes on the phone with his wife"
-Broadcaster Art Schreiber

"Well, I just want him to grow up happy. That's the main thing."
-John Lennon (1964)

"Just love, that's the main thing you know. He's just going to be happy and know he's wanted. I'm not having any of that boarding school or sending him away. He's going to be with us all the time"
-John Lennon (1965)

"It's not the best relationship between father and son, but it is there...Julian and I will have a relationship in the future"
-John Lennon (1980)

"He doesn't owe me anything. I'll make life as easy for him as I can but it's no use me thinking what I would do if I was him, because I'm not him and he isn't Little Me"
-John Lennon (circa 1960s)

No comments:

Post a Comment