Thursday, May 23, 2013

I Don't Like Pink Floyd

I must be one of the very few people on Earth who does not like Pink Floyd. At first I thought I was the only one but I did manage find someone else who doesn't like the rock band so it's very comforting that I'm not alone in this.
I can tolerate 2 songs: Money and We Don't Need No Education
Other than that, no thanks.
One time when I was a teenager, my Mom and I used to go to these laser shows at the Planetarium where they played rock music- they've had Queen, The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, the greats! This is when I realized I didn't like Pink Floyd. When they did a Pink Floyd night my mom likes them a lot and at the time I thought they were okay so while the show was happening I found myself dozing off. I've never dozed off at a laser show! I'm usually the one that's singing and seat-dancing! But not this time. Zzzzzzzzz
I remember telling my boss that I didn't like Pink Floyd and he looked at me as though I came from another planet and thought I was nuts. He pointed out that they had some sort of connection with the Beatles by playing in Abbey Road Studios and having George Martin as a Producer. So? A lot of music have been recorded at Abbey Road and George Martin worked with a lot of musicians (and comedians) so what's the point? I am also aware that the members of the band are friends with The Beatles; even one of the members owns Julian Lennon's Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds drawing. Sure that's impressive, but the music still doesn't sway me.
Although here's one cute brief story: when I was around 10 years old I was in a wedding party and we were discussing Pink Floyd and, being naive and not knowing much about the band, I asked "what were his parents names? Red and White?"

No comments:

Post a Comment